Saturday, May 1, 2010

may day

it's MAY. can you believe it? i'm not sure that i know if april ever showed up, let alone 30 days of it passed. good news about may: school is just two weeks from ending AND alyssa is back on the rules... the diet rules... the tough ones... the ones i'm hesitant to follow, but i know are good for me.

here's a repeat of those big guys: no eating after 9pm (this is earlier than before, but late enough for me to function on my busy schedule), no pop (it's been bad lately, i love me some shirley temples), 1 sweet per week (also lower than before, but i really want this), breaking rules only 2 times per month.

also, since tennis is over (for a few weeks now), my workout schedule is a little different... but i also have a crazy, busy schedule (per usual) for the next few weeks:
monday/wednesday/friday: 30 minutes of lifting, 30 minutes cardio
(p.s. - i haven't lifted since march, whoops.)
tuesday/thursday/saturday: minimum 40 minutes cardio.

in self magazine (my latest obsession since 2010), they have been talking a lot about making sure that you get enough workout time in each "sizzle zone" per week - here's the breakdown: 65 minutes of zone 1 (easy breezy training: casual/brisk walking, your-type of tennis, etc.), 80 minutes of zone 2 (moderate training: when you're working so hard you can only speak short sentences/i.e. running, my-type of tennis), and 65 minutes of zone 3 (hard working, killing it, out of control fast). i think during my workouts, i'm going to start trying for these zones to really burn off the fat.

as for some of my 22 by 22 goals: i'm already in 1 samuel & almost done with psalms (YAY, i think i am aloud to be really proud of myself on this one, i've never been so consistent with my Bible reading), my saving account is over $300 (another HUGE step for me - i'm telling you, 2010 is a good year to be alyssa eubank, i am changing in so many ways), my tennis game is already improving since season. i ended the season with a huge 3-set win, which was great for my confidence and ability to keep my position on the team. since then, i've found out that a heavier racket was the key to rule my game, so i'm in the process of buying two rackets that are a lot better for me as a player... 4.5 tennis player, here i come. i was supposed to be at a frontier ruckus concert right now, but that didn't happen. i still need all 5 before next april, i don't think that will be a problem. :] lastly - as for the 500 miles, i'm 10 in. i know, i know - that's not keeping up to pare with the average "just less than 2 per day", but i am really happy with this: on tuesday last week - i ran 4 miles straight. i never knew that i could do this, that i'm a runner. i just wanted to set out and do it, so i ran 2 miles away from my apartment so i'd have no excuse but to run the 2 miles back. and i did it! and i could have kept running! (my ankles were killing because i have REALLY old running shoes with a few too many miles on them.) but my legs, lungs, and heart wanted to keep on running and really find out just how much they could do. it felt... GREAT.

so that's all for now. i've already ate my 1 sweet for this week, since well, i forgot it was may. whoops. here's to a month of rules, of following them, and of really seeing results. keep me accountable, and please keep me encouraged. thanks for reading! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment